Thursday, July 24, 2014

Getting Back


 
(Photo by I <3 to Run.)

So after not running for a week (plus) and being completely exhausted from an amazing vacation getting back into my training schedule was hard. Monday I was so tired I could barely move. I spent the day unpacking, doing laundry, cleaning the house, and getting back into reality! On Tuesday I couldn't drag myself out of bed. On Wednesday I decided I couldn't put it off any longer but decided to start slow with 3 miles. On Thursday 5 miles was on the calendar and those were the most miserable 5 miles I've ever run. During that hot 5 miles I doubted myself and swore that running was the devil. I am trying to convince myself now that the reward is not so great without the struggle and that these are the moments that will make crossing the finish line all the more meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment