Sunday, September 14, 2014

Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up."



It's crazy to think how far I've come on my running journey, a year ago I would've laughed out loud and rolled my eyes at the idea of running 13.1 miles. I didn't "get" running. Somewhere along the way though, I fell in love with running. Running has has taught me lots of things and helped me to build some very strong bonds with amazing women. Yesterday I finished my very first half marathon, my 9th race of the year and one of my hardest runs yet. The course was hilly and my knee/ hip were not hearing, "Suck it up, buttercup." There were lots of tears and no mantra I could say was helping the pain. Thankfully I was surrounded by some awesome friends. Kerri , you are a rockstar! I cannot thank you enough for scooping me up and getting me through the last 2 miserable miles! While I'm not wildly happy with my time (02:23:03) I'm so proud to have crossed the finish line. Thank you to everyone for your sweet comments yesterday! We had an awesome "diva" weekend and I'm so lucky to be able to call such fierce and strong women my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment