Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August- Devoted Doggie Dash 5k


It was tough to find an August race in Northern Virginia so I decided to participate in my first ever virtual run by Fit, Fab and Lean! You sign up online, create your bib, pick your distance, race your race, share your time/pictures and receive your BLING! How cute is my bib? I know there is an apostrophe missing but it was not an option which was my only complaint. I decided to do a 10 k and was determined to PR the distance. Proceeds from the race are being donated to Freedom Service Dogs, a nonprofit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by rescuing dogs and custom training them for individual client needs! In addition I threw on Charity Miles and ran for ASPCA! Here are a few pics from race day! Had it not been so hot/far I would have taken Lilly with me, my favorite furry little running buddy! I felt a like a lost runner with my bib. I know no one was even paying attention but I kept giggling because if people were expecting more runners it wasn't happening which either made me look SUPER FAST, super slow, totally crazy, or LOST! But I ran MY RACE as Lilly and Gremmy's Mommy with HOPE (#FF) of someday adding another little one to our family! 


Isn't the BLING adorable?! Love the pink, the glitter and the sassy little puppy! It arrived a few days after I logged my time and shared my Flipagram! 

No comments:

Post a Comment