Friday, August 8, 2014

Fellow Flowers


A few months ago I found Fellow Flowers and I fell IN LOVE with their story, their flowers and their mission. This is their philosophy, "We are a women's running movement that honors, shares and celebrates the reason behind why women run… because we believe that every woman has a story and every woman runs with a purpose." Go check out their website and see how they got started and read more of their story. I promise you will be inspired. 



Fellow Flowers started with an orange flower, a flower that represented friendship and has blossomed into an amazing business! Now there are ten different flowers. "Each color represents different reasons, stories and purposes behind WHY we run. They are the true words spoken and inspired by real women. The flower is a symbol of friendship, strength and beauty. It represents your journey- the miles and the moments. The training and the transformation. The realization that your body is strong, and that your mind is even stronger. And it unites - this flower is rooted in friendship. Reminding us that we are in this together- always."


Naturally I wanted to order the pink flower(s) but as I read through each colors' meaning Fellow Flowers really made me think about WHY I run. As I read them over and over and over I couldn't pick one. FlowerItForward was a company initiative encouraging customers to send flowers to friends. I decided to send a flower to girlfriends who have inspired ME or who I want to know that I believe in them! I sent an orange flower to my friend from high school, Alyssa who encouraged me to stick with running when I hated it. She promised me I would grow to like it and she was so right! I also sent an orange flower to another high school friend, Julie who is a new runner and has really been pushing herself to run and says that I an inspiring her. I feel like we are connected by Map My Run but now they have orange flowers to wear and we are #fierclyunited. I ordered a green flower for Kimberly and a purple flower for my friend Connie. I've also encouraged all of my runner friends to find THEIR flower. While I can relate to many of the flowers there was ONE that finally spoke to me and so I ordered a gray flower. 


The package, the flower, the words and note brought me to tears. How awesome is this? I decided to order another flower because sometimes when I run I am a ROCK STAR and other times I need HOPE!  


Go check out Fellow Flowers! Why do YOU run?

No comments:

Post a Comment